- Tell your story of divesting or being forced to divest because of your sexual orientation, your gender identity, or because of your solidarity. Submit your story to Love Prevails’ website.
- Stop or reduce your financial giving to the UMC.
Let church leadership know that you have stopped or reduced your financial giving to the church because you are no longer willing to support and institution that categorically discriminates against LGBTQ people.
- Give financial support to organizations who are working for the full inclusion of LGBTQ people in the United Methodist Church: Love Prevails, the Reconciling Ministries Network, the Methodist Federation for Social Action.
- Have your local church consider withholding and setting aside its apportioned funds until such time as the United Methodist Church changes its policies related to sexual orientation.
- Widely publicize your divestment actions and rationale. Submit your story of divestment to the Love Prevails website.
- Make decisions which further the causes of justice and inclusion rather than ecclesial ambition, institutional maintenance and idolatrous allegiance to legalism.